Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Oiiiiiiii

Oiii! Or hello, from Brazil!

I made it here at the home around 6pm last night. The flights and buses went well. Last night, after dinner, I listened to some friends practice playing their instruments for church. They just started playing a few months ago when a teacher offered to teach the people at the home. They sound very good now, as if they have been playing for a long time.

Today, I've been working on the Family Day on Sunday. We've made invitations to pass out to the city. On Friday, some of us, along with the adolescents will go pass the invitations out. If you read this, please pray for Friday and Sunday morning/afternoon for the Family Day.

This morning, I met someone from Alexandria, KY. Pretty cool? But, he's Kathy's father, who started the home with her husband. He's actually lived in Brazil since the 1950's.

I have a lot of pictures of the home, and the new library, and I'll put them on facebook when my account is unlocked. I don't think it liked me logging in here in Brazil, even though I've never had that problem before. But, I'm locked out for 24 hours...

I guess that's all the updates for now! Until next time, I'll be preparing for Dia da Familia, working around the home, and teaching english (phonics) to some of the kids.

Also, thanks for all the prayers and messages during my travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment